148. _____ he began to write articles in English for American newspapers.
A. Shortly after B. Long before C. Before long D. Sooner
147. He has a _____ tongue, but is usually sorry afterwards.
A. quick B. fast C. rapid D. quickly
146. I’m _____ I can’t go there with you the day after tomorrow.
A. glad B. ready C. angry D. afraid
145. He has been _____ the maths problem, but he hasn’t _____.
A. working at; worked out it B. working out; worked it on
C. working on; worked it out D. lend; lend
144. You can _____ this book from the library and _____ for another two weeks.
A. borrow; lend B. borrow; keep C. lend; borrow D. lend; lend
143. What’s _____ with your watch?
A. the trouble B. matter C. the wrong D. mistake
142. We should be _____ careful with handwriting and spelling.
A. much too B. too much C. very too D. so too
141. The materials _____ show that the cloth is made _____.
A. by hand; in hand B. in hand; by hand C. in hand; with hand D. by hand; at hand
140. They all lived in the village thirty miles _____ from the city.
A. away B. far C. far away D. faraway
139. The foreigner _____ all his money.
A. was stolen of B. was robbed of C. robbed D. was stolen