144. _____ fun it is to jump into a pool or go swimming in summer!
A. What a B. How C. How a D. What
143. The hero said, “One should love _____ Country!”
A. her B. its C. Their D. one’s
142. - What’s the matter with you?
- _____ the window, my finger was cat unexpectedly.
A. Cleaning B. To clean C. While cleaning D. While I was cleaning
141. I kept looking at the man, wondering _____ .
A. whether I have seen him before. B. where I had seen him before
C. that I had seen him before D. when I had seen him before.
140. _____, when he was already _____, he started to learn English.
A. Is the 1980; thirties B. Is the 1980’s; in his thirties
C. Is the 1990, in thirties D. Is the 1990’s ; in the thirties
139. With his son _____, the old man felt unhappy.
A. to disappoint B. to he disappointed C. Disappointing D. being disappointed
138. -Don’t look down Bob. He has his own advantages.
-Oh, yes. _____ others are weak, he is strong.
A. If B. When C. Though D. Where
137. The Great Wall is the last place _____ Mr Smith is going to visit before he leaves Beijing.
A. where B. which C. / D. what
136. -You seemed toke deeply struck by his skill.
-Not exactly so. It was his courage _____ his skill that really struck me mast.
A. rather than B. as well as C. but also D. not as
135. _____, there was no mistaking that she was displeased.
A. As her words were gently spoken B. Spoken as her words were gently
C. Were as her words gently spoken D. Gently as her words were spoken