95. I was ill that day. Otherwise I part in the party.
A. would have taken B. took C. had taken D. were to take
94. --- Why? Where is the key to the meeting-room?
--- Dear me! You it in the taxi!
A. had never left B. didn’t leave C. never left D. haven’t left
93. Ten minutes earlier, we could have caught the first train.
A. but B. so C. and D. or
92. ---Do you mind if I practice playing the piano here?
A. No, please don’t B. I don’t want you to C. I’m afraid I don’t D. I’d rather you didn’t
91. --- I didn’t see her yesterday .
--- Of course, you , because she had gone on a trip.
A. can’t B. may not have C can’t have D. mustn’t have
90. - Which would you rather have, tea or coffee?
A. Sure, I would B. Yes, please C. Yes, both D. Neither, thank you
89. Don’t all speak at once! , please.
A. each at one time B. one by one time C. one for each time D. one at a time
88. - There were already five people in the car but they managed to take me as well.
- It a comfortable journey.
A. can’t B. shouldn’t C. mustn’t have been D. couldn’t
87. - Nancy is not coming tonight.
- But she !
A. promises B. promised C. will promise D. had promised
86. I don’t really work here; I until the new secretary arrives.
A. just help out B. have just helped out C. am just helping out D. will just help out