145. --- How far away is your firm from your home?
--- a stone throw.
A. In B. During C. Within D. Between
144. The storm started , but I had no time to go back for a raincoat.
A. by the way B. in the way C. on the way D. in this way
143. Does make any difference whether Jack will return or not?
A. that B. it C. he D. this
142. He is sometime strange . So I can’t his thoughts.
A. read B. look C. find D. match
141. Air is to us water to fish.
A. that B. how C. what D. where
140. --- Do you often record BBC English programmes the radio ?
--- No, never, I haven’t a short-wave radio and I often watch them TV.
A. from; on B. in; in C. on; from D. in ;on
139. --- Ann is in hospital.
--- Oh, really? I . visit her.
A. didn’t know; I’ll go and B. don’t know; I’ ll going to
C. I didn’t know; I’m going to D. haven’t known; I’m going to
138. --- Look at this ! I some old pictures and this baby picture.
--- Is it a picture of you ? It’s lovely so.
A. was going through; found B. am going through ; find
C. went through ; had found D. had gone through ; found
137. --- How about a game of class?
A. Why not B. That’s right C. I don’ t mind D. I agree it
136. --- Why won’t Mr. Black drive us to airport?
--- Well, maybe he has to take us all.
A. so small the car B. a very small car C. such a small car D. too small a car