155. When the headmaster _____ the room, all the pupils stood up.
A. saw B. entered C. appeared D. came
154. I couldn’t go to the party because of a _____ cold.
A. quick B. surprising C. sudden D. hurried
153. Since he began work, he hasn’t _____ asked his father for money.
A. greatly B. very much C. badly D. ever
152. The college got some money by selling one its old _____ pictures.
A. useful B. helpful C. usual D. valuable
151. After three hours of hard fighting, the southern army won the _____.
A. force B. power C. war D. battle
150. Mary said that she was _____ able to wash the plates herself.
A. too B. quite C. much D. very
149. He came to my house last night and invited me to join in a _____ of football.
A. match B. team C. game D. party
148. Students should answer seven of the _____ questions.
A. below B. following C. under D. added
147. “Here’s the money I promised,” he said. “I always _____ my promise.”
A. agree B. follow C. made D. keep
146. She was standing by an electric heater, and her nightdress _____ fire.
A. caught B. set C. took D. had